We are looking for a designer to work at our London head office 4 days a week. The successful applicant will be creating designs for our own collections as well as for our clients.
This role would be suited to a Textiles Graduate with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a broad spectrum of styles and a eye for colour. Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills are extremely important, along with good hand drawing skills. The successful applicant will work closely with the product development team but will also need to be able to work independently.
This is a varied role and responsibilities include, but are not limited too;
- Following design and trend briefs provided by a range of high street interior brands.
- Creating new designs and adapting existing designs, for both the high street and the companies own collection.
- Conducting research into current and future trends.
- Compiling mood boards and colour stories.
- Carrying out Comp Shops.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree in a relevant subject, preferably textile design (Print, Weave or Surface pattern).
- Creative flair and commercial approach to design.
- Sensitivity to colour.
- Strong CAD skills, Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
- Ability to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way.
- Knowledge of high street interiors market.
- Ability to work towards specific and varied briefs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- This is an entry level role but some relevant experience within a similar role or internship is required.
Hours of work: 9am to 5.30pm Monday-Thursday Location: London N4 Salary: Dependant on experience
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com